34th Annual Gathering of Nations
PLEASE NOTE: Your safety and positive experience at the Gathering is our # 1 GOAL. The Gathering of Nations is a HUGE event and has the challenge of ensuring that a large crows has a great experience. With this spirit in mind, the Gathering of Nations and other agencies take measures to ensure the best possible experience for all attendees. GON is an all ages event, family friendly, and is rain or shine.
The Gathering of Nations (GON) is a 3 day event, that kicks off Thursday evening of April 27th, 2017 with the Miss Indian World Talent Presentations where young Native American Women represent their Native American and Indigenous people as a cultural goodwill ambassadors.
The Miss Indian World Talent Presentations will be held in the Kiva Auditorium located at the Albuquerque Convention Center (Downtown Albuquerque). A Young Native American Woman will be crowned Miss Indian World , Saturday, April 29th after the Evening Grand Entry in Tingley Coliseum.
The Gathering of Nations PowWow itself is a 2 day event (Friday & Saturday, April 28th and 29th, 2017) held in Albuquerque, New Mexico, USA. The GON experience is for all people (Indian and Non-Indian) to come see colorful Native American Pow Wow dancing, to hear the songs and become enlightened with emotional happiness! This will take place inside Tingley Coliseum and the other activities will be on the Powwow Grounds at Expo NM ( NM State fair grounds).
With over 2,500+ indigenous/Native American/Indian dancers and Singers representing more than 500+ tribes from Canada and the United States come to the Gathering of Nations Pow Wow annually to participate socially and competitively. Included with the price of a Gathering of Nations Pow Wow Admission is the Indian Traders Market and Stage 49. The Indian Traders Market offers a very special shopping experience, which includes intercultural traditions and exhibition of Native American Arts and Crafts with over 800+ Artists, Crafters, and Traders that will display their wares and for sale.
Stage 49 provides Native American Music Performances and Entertainment which is included in the price of the Pow Wow ticket! 2 days of Contemporary and Traditional Native American music and entertainment will be highlighted on Stage 49. Native musicians will perform in all Genres of music: Country, Pop, Reggae, World, Rhythm and Blues, Hip-Hop, Rock ‘n’ Roll, Rap, Traditional Native American Performance and much, much more.
There is a “Magic” about the Gathering! A Family and Friendly Event, Everyone (the public) is Invited!
2017 Gathering of Nations Event Information
Click here to Download 2017 GON Powwow Poster
4/27/2017 – Miss Indian World Talent Presentations will be held at the Kiva Auditorium in the Albuquerque Convention Center (Downtown) &pm Showtime: Location: 401 2nd Street NW - Parking available using Marktin Luther King Blvd/Marquette Ave Westbound into Convention Center Parking Lots.
4/28 & 29/2017 – PowWow, Stage 49 and Indian Traders Market will be held in Albuquerque, New Mexico, USA. Tingley Colliseum Expo NM
**General Admission/Main Parking Lot and Entrance will be from Gate 8 off of Louisiana Blvd NE - Southbound (Exit I-40 at Louisiana Blvd -Southbound, cross Central Ave, proceed to Gate 8). In anticipation of construction on Central Ave near the Fairgounds, we encourage everyone to try and avoid using Central Ave as a thoroughfare to the Powwow. San Mateo to Lomas, or go directly off of Louisana Blvd into GATE 8.
2017 GATHERING OF NATIONS OFFICIAL FORMS AND RULES(COMING SOON)
Get through Dancer/Drum registration quicker by printing out and filling out forms below in advance.
GON Contest Fairness Doctrine
CHECK BACK FOR 2017 GON FORMS SPRING 2017
2017 GATHERING OF NATIONS DANCER/DRUM INFORMATION:
Dancer/Drum Registration Hours and Locations:
- Thursday, April 27 - 10 a.m.-3 p.m.& Friday, April 28 -9am-3pm Dancer/Drum Registration Ticket Station inside Parking Lot GATE 8
- Friday, April 28, - 9 a.m.: Drum Registration near Announcer's stage inside Tingley Coliseum
- Discount Postcard for Drums will be mailed around February 2017 and ONLY redeemable at Dancer/Drum Registration!
2017 GRAND ENTRY LINE UP Information:
- TBD: GRASS DANCE AND FANCY DANCE
- TBD: CHICKEN DANCE, NORTHERN TRADITIONAL AND SOUTHERN STRAIGHT
- TBD: JINGLE DRESS AND FANCY SHAWL
- TBD: NORTHER AND SOUTHERN CLOTH AND BUCKSKIN
2017 DRUM ROLL CALL: Subject to change, pay attention to Pow Wow Announcers for any changes.
- Drum Roll Call –
- Friday: 11:45 a.m. and before 7 p.m. Grand Entry
- Saturday: 11:50 a.m. and before 6 p.m. Grand Entry
- Chairs for Drum groups for Singers: Chairs are available and will placed on the Arena floor. Singers will need to check in with Drum Registration to check out/check in chairs. Drum groups/singers are encouraged to bring their own chairs.
- CAN DRUM GROUPS SELL THEIR CD’S AND T-SHIRT AT THE EVENT? CD’s are allowed to be sold AT THE DRUM ONLY! People found selling CD’s away from the drum will cause the drum to lose points in the singing contests.
- T-Shirt Sales is ABSOLUTELY PROHIBITED and CAN result in points LOST or DISQUALIFICATION from the contest.